
The white privilege is a great article that gives examples about the certain privileges you can or will receive for your race. It was interesting how she used certain examples of privileges that she would have. But some of her co-workers would not because for the race. Like the author stated that she could easily have her voice heard in front of a committee since she is white. The other things she doesn’t have to worry about people thinking she is not in good terms financially. Which it’s a shame that people are stereotyped by there race’s. It’s just the world we live in now days. Everything is judged by the outside. An African American can be well of financially just like anyone else. The author also talked about the privileges of women compared to men. Which women still do get fewer privileges in the job market or in many other professions. I do agree that sometimes that are is not free like it is stated in the constitution. These types of things wouldn’t be happening in our country or society if it was free. It just seam’s the road to success is a lot easier for whites or just life as whole socially. As minorities you endure many obstacles everyday. Also you are judged by your appearance all the time. It just seems so unfair but that’s life. My mom always told me I would have to work twice as hard in this world just because I am an African American. The privileges should be the same or equal in our society but its not. The author really broke down what she would be able to get away with over here co-workers or friends who are black. I never really paid that much attention to those types of things until now. She had some great points demonstrating these facts. I have a new perception on the subject of privileges. They say we have a free country and everyone is free. But could I really get away with the things whites do and not be critized for my actions? I feel I could in some situations but in others I know or a fact I would not get the same response as a white person would. I’m not tying to sound racially bias but it’s just the society we live in. It doesn’t really matter how successful you get or how many accomplisments you achieve. When people first meet you they way you will be judged is by your race. This includes all people not just blacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment