Friday, March 27, 2009

Monday
5:00
My Wife and Kids
ABC Family
Television Comedy
African American Family - Mother , Father , 2 Daughters , and one Son.
Positive Image

Monday
8:00 pm
BarberShop
BET
Movie Comedy
African Family - Father , Mother , and a Son
Positive image
Tuesday
5:30 am
Derek and Nolan Smith story
ESPN
Documentary
African Family- Father , Mother ,and Son
Negative / positive image

Tuesday
8:00 pm
Roll Bounce
BET
Movie Comedy
African American Family- Father , Daughter and Son
Negative image

Wednesday
8:00 am
News
Crime TV
Documentary
Black Family : Father and Son
Negative image

Wednesday
9:00
First 48
A&E
Tv Show
Black Family :Mother and Son
Positive image

Thursday
9:00 am
News article on Dallas morning news
Online Article
Black Family : Father , son , Daughter
Positive Image

My perception of the media has been influenced from these images . Which I already had some views about the media . Like how they always try to find the most ignorant African American to interview if something happened in a pro dominantly black Area. I kinda look at the media in a very negative way for a while . Since they never really focused on the positive just empasized all on the negatives . Thats just news media tho . The T.V. comedies or other things on television are not that about giving negative impressions on the black family . I just think some things are over exaggerated . Which they could be very true but televisions takes it to another level to make it comical . Which is not a bad thing . I laugh at alot of things refering to the african american family because its not in a disrespectful manner . My views werent really changed form this project . I think they kinda stayed the same . In most cases T.V. can send you the wrong message about the african american family . Not negative but just you get the wrong idea or just stereotype everyone from what you see on t.v. Like some people believe all blacks drink and love Kool-aid . Which a majority may like it but t.v. gives you the image that all black do . Its a few other things That t.v. over does like that but not to much . Which most of the stereotypes we recieve about people majority of them come from television . Especially if we havent really interacted or being around people of that ethnicity . I would say im kinda in between on the views media or television gives you about the african american family . Just depends on the television program and whats being presented to the audience if I would agree or disagree . Over all I think its ok how they handle the situations and if its comical and not offending im fine with it .

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on pretty much all points here Mr. Caro. It is funny how every time you watch the news or a top story and African Americans are being interviewed it often times seems like the ones who answer these questions are completely oblivious to what is truly going on, and in turn send a negative image of the African American community to the rest of society when in reality that is just one person. It is unfortunate that people judge so quickly and rarely give others the benefit of the doubt when it comes to down to stereotypes and discrimination.

    ReplyDelete